- Get rotation from Motion Controllers? Hey folks, I have a question about scripting for the Motion Controllers:
I would like to write a script that gets the 6DoF grip pose rotation from my left Motion Controller (Specifically the Y rotation) and applies that rotation to a game object. I've written scripts that do this for game objects, but I'm having a tough time figuring out where to begin when it comes to making an object to get it's rotation from a Motion Controller.
As an example of what I'm trying to do, here's a script I...
Get rotation from Motion Controllers?
- Daydream controller distance to any pointed game object. Is there any way to calculate distance from controller to the game object it points to? Better yet, can I get the intersection point on the game object surface (point in 3D world coordinate) which intersect with a ray from my daydream controller? Thank...
- Error in console : could not start graph Hi,
I am very new to Unity and Vuforia. I have followed a basic tutorial for Vuforia, creating an image target and a model I imported from the asset store, but when I press play I get these two errors in console :
Could not start graph
Could not pause pControl
As I did not write any script, I don't understand where this error comes from. If someone could help me, that would be really nice !
Error in console : could not start graph
- Predefined type ‘System.Object’ is not defined or imported Tried to follow the Microsoft Hololense Tutorial but always get 10k-20k Errors where it says:
"xx" is not defined or imported
The type 'Object' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
For examples check the Box.
Can someone help me?
(Copy paste, using Visual Studio in german so the output is german too)Code (CSharp):
- Schweregrad Code Beschreibung...
- Oculista Go App Hi, I have a oculus go app with 15 videos. When i try ti build apk, we get an error “failed packaging assets” How i can solve this problem? Thanks
- TakePhotoAsync doesn’t work on hololens with 2018.2.6 I've encounter the same error, but only since i have 2018.2.6 :
My program stops at TakePhotoAsync(OnPhotoCaptured) on Hololens. With earlier version, it ran smoothly.Code (CSharp):
- Android camera in skybox Hello,
I'm trying to set the android camera (or a webcam if I work on a computer) as the skybox for a camera.
So how can I create a texture with the feed of a camera?
Have a nice day
- Hololens connection – Sending message from hololens (bluetooth) to Android device? Hey guys,
I'm looking for a bluetooth based solution to send data from the hololens (simple short string data) to an android device.
I know there has been BLE examples with GPS positioning, but in that the hololens is just a watcher, not a writer.
Does anyone have examples of sending data FROM the hololens over bluetooth?
Either BLE or standard bluetooth (actually preferred) would be fine.
- I set active a GroundPlane GameObject in unity, a Exception occor. Anyone can help me ? Exception in callback: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at Vuforia.PlaymodeSmartTerrainI...
- Crop a camera view in unity for HTC steamVR Hi all,
I'm currently stuck on a pretty huge project.. Maybe I didn't search well enough but until now, I did not find any related topic that could solve my issue..
I am trying to crop a sub-camera FOV in order to send it to the HTC headset.
Briefly my camera is filming a background and I want a specific rectangle cropped out of this first camera view to be sent alone to the HTC headset.
See the image as an example;
The entire image would be the first camera FOV and the cropped rectangle...
Crop a camera view in unity for HTC steamVR
- 2018.3.0b1 and SteamVR (issues?) I'm seeing controller texture issues, anyone else?
- Create new project using 2018.3.0b1
- import SteamVR, accept all etc
- add OpenVR via PackageManager
- open, SteamVR/InteractionSystem/Samples/Scenes/Interactions_Example
(or any scene using SteamVR controllers / blank with Player prefab works too)
- run and look at controllers.
The SteamVRControllerModel material seems to fail to load the controller texture at runtime...
Controllers working fine with 2018.2.8f1, and previous versions,...
2018.3.0b1 and SteamVR (issues?)
- Import a Webgl/HTML5 AR creation Hello, I'm a complete beginner in the Unity interface, I have used a Vuforia assets to create an AR experience that show a 3D form when the camera detect a picture. When I want to build it, an error message shows up:
Invalid build path: c:/users/conta/desktop/unityfinal
(unityfinal is my folder selected to receive the file)
What does it mean and as anyone faced that problem?
- Forgetting extended tracked image target I think the title explains it - how do i go about this? I really feel this shoudn't be so hard, but I can't find useful information about it. Basically at a certain condition, i just want vuforia to "forget" the position of the target, preferably calling the OnTrackingLost function in the DefaultTrackableEventHandler.
- How to scan and detect only a single plane at a time in unity ARkit? I was working on Vertical Plane detection in unity ARkit.The problem I faced is when I scan for vertical surfaces,there are many detected planes coming in.It gives a awkward look when opening the app.Is there a way to limit scan to pick only a single p...
- How to freeze rotation and transform from HMD’s children Hello everybody,
I'm currently working on a game overlay project.
I've a VR aircraft game using SteamVR to provide its VR experience. I would like to create an custom cockpit Overlay to interact with. I use the BenotterOVRlay (link). This overlay doesn't allow me to set my project as XR/VR but I can get my project to work properly.
Unfortunetaly, when I launch my aircraft game, it transform my HMD position and rotation. And it result in a non...
How to freeze rotation and transform from HMD's children