Forums

• Raycasting from Controller Hello!

This is my first post here. I've been attempting, for the last 3 days, to achieve a Raycast from the right controller of the Dell Visor Windows Mixed Reality Headset and haven't been able to get anywhere! I've looked over here, the Microsoft forums, gone through the hand controller tutorial videos and documentation on Microsoft's website. I am completely lost and would really love some assistance trying to get this Raycast from the controller to work.
    I'm trying to use the controller...

Raycasting from Controller
  • Exception when launching on HoloLens Unity Version: 2018.2.0f2 Vuforia: v7.2.24 (also tested with v7.1.35) Code (CSharp): Exception thrown at 0x7742C7D2 in Test.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Platform::COMException ^ at memory location 0x00BCF710. HRESULT:0x80072EE7 The text associat...
  • Mixed Reality VR boundary Good afternoon We need help in solving the problem. We have a VR game on Unity3D using Mixed Reality technology. Our goal - to synchronize the boundaries of the real world and the viral. We have a room with walls and the same walls in the virtual world...
  • InteractionManager/RaycastHit returning wrong GameObject So I'm using a bit of code from the example of how to check what object has been selected when using the InteractionManager_InteractionSourcePressed method.

Code (CSharp):
    2. private void InteractionManager_InteractionSourcePressed(InteractionSourcePressedEventArgs args)
    3.     {
    4.         hand = args.state.source.handedness;
    5.         InteractionSourceState interactionSourceState = args.state;
    7.         if (args.pressType == InteractionSourcePressType.Select)
    8.         {
    9.             if (MenuWindow...
    InteractionManager/RaycastHit returning wrong GameObject
  • Add shadow catching to DepthMask material? I want to add capability to the DepthMask material that ships with Vuforia to catch shadows from augmentations in a way that works on Android. This seems like a straightforward thing to want, but all the resources I've found are years old and none of them seem to work on my Android device (although some shadow-catcher shaders that don't do depth masking work in the Unity Game Viewport).

The solution that looks right to me is to remove the
    Lighting Off
    line from...

Add shadow catching to DepthMask material?
  • Unity Job System with UWP App I would like to use the Job System with the UWP (im trying to make a VR App with an mixed reality headset). I wrote a small tool which uses the JobSystem and i can export it without any errors as long as my platform is "PC, Mac & Linux Standa...
  • Is there anyway that the system open a website using Application.OpenURL in background? We have an requirement that in VR project, we can open and view a website.

Currently we use Application.OpenURL. It's good when using it on Oculus Rift because even when browser is brought to front, Oculus Rift app still is "active" in VR. However, it's not the case on HTC Vive because htc vive uses completely windows standard.

And because this project is also available for Oculus Go, Cardboard and Daydream VR systems, we would like to open url in browser in background. Is that possible?...

Is there anyway that the system open a website using Application.OpenURL in background?
  • When trying to use “worldMap.pointCloud.Points” my application crashes with an uncaught exception I'm trying to acces my worldmap after my worldmapstatus has changed to MAPPED.
    I do this by using

if (_currentWorldMappingStatus == ARWorldMappingStatus.ARWorldMappingStatusMapped)
    {
    Debug.LogFormat("ARWorldMap MAPPED");
    _nativeSession.GetCurrentWorldMapAsync(OnWorldMap);
    }

My "OnWorldMap" code looks like this

void OnWorldMap(ARWorldMap worldMap)
    {
    if (worldMap != null)...

When trying to use "worldMap.pointCloud.Points" my application crashes with an uncaught exception
  • Lenovo Mirage Solo – Build Settings – 32-bit Display Buffer and Linear Color Space I am confused about the project settings I am currently testing for the Mirage Solo. Google say (on this page) that Daydream only supports Gamma color space. There are some other source on Github etc. stating similar. However, I find that the Gamma set...
  • ARkit delete infinite planes without restarting session? Hi all,

Does anyone know how to make ARkit delete infinite planes without restarting session?
    I'm currently trying to make my app detect one plane at a time and make it infinite. If a new plane is detected it should ideally delete the last plane and focus on the new one at whatever height the plane is at. Does anyone know how to do this without restarting the ARkit session? (note that restarting the session causes all ARkit placed objects to lose their last position.)

Thank you for your time!
  • Hybrid app: detecting if phone was placed in Daydream View Daydream officially support hybrid apps (those that can switch between touchscreen and VR mode).

However, Google only provides instructions for how to manually switch between VR/non-VR mode via code. This doesnt cover the case where a game is running and the user puts the phone into a Daydream View headset. In this case, the game will be interrupted and the Daydream home screen appears (I've tested this). That's...

Hybrid app: detecting if phone was placed in Daydream View
  • I need to pay for a job on unity + VR, help please Hello, I need to pay for a simple job for VR can someone give me some freelancers link to hire and quote with someone please Thank you. P.S. I know that the Indians had a freelancers link but I can not find it. any ideas ?
  • Enable Depth Buffer Sharing Flag Access at Runtime Hey :)

I am looking for a way to access the Enable Depth Buffer Sharing flag, in XR/VR SDKs/Windows Mixed Reality settings, during runtime and change it depending on platform.
    Does anyone know if that's possible?
  • AR – Detect wrist without trackers – Watch app Hello!

I'm looking for a solution. I'm aware of spatial / 3d tracking with programmes like Vuforia and 6D.ai

I want to build an app to demo watches on the wrist. However I don't want to use any trackers like in the example video. Is there a way to use marker-less tracking on my wrist to achieve the same experience (or better!).

I found this, marker-less tracking for the palm. However this uses depth sensors (and its a pretty old video). Is this possible...

AR - Detect wrist without trackers - Watch app
  • Is it possible to change the XR Settings in the Player Settings tab during runtime? Hey guys. Id like to change the PlayerSettings.virtualRealitySupported field from a standalone build during runtime. And also update the SDK's list based on which device is plugged in, again during runtime.

Does anyone know if this is possible? Or can it only be done in the editor before a build is made?