Forums

• HTC Vive Hand Controllers flickering in scene? View attachment 274100 Hi all,

Has anybody encountered an error where Vive hand controllers appear to be flickering when the scene is run? Could this be an issue with anti-aliasing? Or

This is how mine are currently appearing:
    View attachment 274078
    I'm using a perspective camera with parameters:
    Clipping Plane Near: 0.01
    Clipping Plane Far: 900000
    Viewport Rect: X=0, Y=0, W=1, H=1
    Culling Mask: Everything.
    Occlusion Culling, Allow HDR, Allow MSA, and Allow Dynamic Resolution...

HTC Vive Hand Controllers flickering in scene?
  • Material Changer issues Hello everyone, I am having a problem with a material selector menu in unity. I have followed a 3 part tutorial to get where I am at. The problem that I am having is that when I place my pointer over the buttons they are not updating my object with th...
  • Upon Build: The type or namespace name `Vuforia’ could not be found When building for IOS I get the following:

error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Vuforia' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Any ideas?
  • Choose or remove detected planes hey guys...I need your help!
    for my bachelor degree I am developing an "Ikea" like app where you can place different objects (some are animated) on different surfaces. so far everything works fine...there's just one thing where I am struggling with! for the plane detection I am using the result type "existing plane"...so I can place the object on the entire plane/surface. but the problem is...when i detect the first surface (floor) and move the mobile device to detect another surface...

Choose or remove detected planes
  • Vuforia 7 depth mask is not working Hello, I am using the most basic image tracking for a project. And the depth mask is not working on my device, it is working fine in Editor. Please see the attached image, the object that I am using depth mask shows in black with white grid instead. ...
  • How to do Indoor Map navigation? Hi, I want to make a indoor map(for mall) so that when i open the app I can find the shops inside.It must show friends who are there in the mall.I want to augment models at specific points.How to achieve this.I researched a bit.It says we need beacon...
  • ARFoundation on android + videoplayer I tried out AR Foundation a little by placing a plane with a video player in the SampleScene.
    It worked as expected on iOS, but on Android I faced a problem:

The video gets rendered through the camera feed, as seen in this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/05zsjpsx8fzm925/Screen recording AR Foundation.mp4?dl=0

Trying to render the background image to a new texture only when a new frame is available has the same result.

I'm using Unity version 2018.2.2f1
  • [Occipital Structure Sensor] 3D mesh shifts/ deviates from physical object Hello fellow Unity developers! Recently we have been developing Unity applications based on Occipital Structure Sensor. It is a 3D-scanning device that can provide impressive 3D reconstruction of environment and objects. We had used the Unity scenes pr...
  • Creating a new Augmented Reality game while using ARKit Unity3d Plugin from the ground up. Hi All how are you ! Today I am pleased to announce that I’m starting a new video series in my indie game development channel where I’ve created a new “PlayList” dedicated for creating a new Augmented Reality game. This new series doesn’t just start w...
  • Mirror Reflections in VR Hej there,

I'm currently working on a little VR project that needs to have mirror reflections. I'm using this script: http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php/MirrorReflection4 for the reflections.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. // This is in fact just the Water script from Pro Standard Assets,
    5. // just with refraction stuff removed.
    7. // Make mirror live-update even when not in play mode
    8. public class MirrorReflection : MonoBehaviour {...
    Mirror Reflections in VR
  • How does Vuforia plane detection work? Hi Everyone, I am currently trying out the Vuforia ground plane feature on my Huawai mate 10 (listed as a supported device on the Vuforia website). One observation I have made is that whenever I tilt my device towards the ground, the plane indicator a...
  • Vuforia Web Services API I am currently trying to work with and understand the VWS API, and I am struggling with figuring out how to properly utilize this API with the given documentation. Are there more resources available beyond the literature on Vuforia's website?

Can I create a website that uses this API to upload images into the cloud DB?
    If so, I would truly appreciate any resources or assistance in figuring out how to accomplish this.
    If not, what are the suggested ways to utilize the API?

I am a quick...

Vuforia Web Services API
  • VR Theater 2018 Siggraph Hello, I am so excited to share that submissions for the... VR Theater 2018 Siggraph
  • Unity scale does not seem to fit real-world scale I already posted this to the Mixed Reality Toolkit issue tracker over on Github, but figured asking this here will bring some more attention to the issue. When creating a hologram in Unity that has a size of 10 units it does not cover 10 meters in the...
  • Remove ” Vuforia initialization successful” in the console hi, after I finish a AR app, I want to switch the project to NoAR,So I delete all Vuforia Scripts, but ,When I hit Unity Play, there will still appear " Vuforia initialization successful" in the console, I want know how to get rid of it , Tha...