Forums

• Pose Estimation So apparently it IS possible to do skeletal tracking without a depth camera. Cam across this github source https://github.com/ildoonet/tf-pose-estimation Was wondering if it might be possible to somehow integrate in Unity, and what the hardware requir...
  • Machine Learning Augmented Reality Hi guys. We have a certain object that can be recognized easily using TensorFlow and Machine Learning. We wish to use this method for image recognition instead of Vuforia since that is not accurate enough. To do this we need a cusotm AR Engine that u...
  • Huge game FPS drop after changes in a scene or on a second run Hi Unity users,
    Lately, I've been experiencing a strange issue while playing my HTC Vive project in The Game view. When I start Unity and run the game, everything runs fine. But as soon as I make a significant change in the scene (like inserting a mesh) or when I try to run the game a couple of times, the FPS drop occurs and the game is unplayable. Has anybody experienced similar issue? I'm using VR ready notebook with Windows 10 with Unity 2018.2.1 and HTC Vive Pro.
  • Vuforia Image Target Location Data and Rendering AR Graphics Without Image Targets Hi all! I am researching technologies to make an app used for tabletop RPGs and am wondering if what I hope to achieve is viable with Unity and Vuforia. The premise is that User 1 will have multiple 2d image targets on a table representing walls, mo...
  • Up for a challenge in VR? MARUI-PlugIn Contest We just uploaded the video regarding our contest in which the details of the contest are explained. Video link: All the details can also be found on: https://www.marui-plugin.com/contest/ The requirements for the contest are listed below: · ...
  • How to Augment Models using Beacons? Hi I want to augment a model when I go near within the range of a beacon.I dont know how to get data from a Beacon or BLE device.In Unity is there something to get data from BLE device?
  • How to make plane mesh colliders? I want to have colliders that match the shape of the "plane meshes" from ARKit 1.5.

aka I need the collider to match the detailed mesh you can render

I tried passing in the created mesh to a mesh collider and updating it every time arkit updates it, but no luck, it's just always square.

This is what I did, I modified ARKitPlaneMeshRender

Code (CSharp):
    1.     public void InitiliazeMesh(ARPlaneAnchor arPlaneAnchor)
    2.     {
    3.         planeMesh = new Mesh ();
    4.         UpdateMesh (arPlaneAnchor);...
    How to make plane mesh colliders?
  • shadows on planes not working I'm completely baffled, I can't get shadows to render on planes. I followed the guide in SCENES.txt and the example.

In fact even the UnityARShadows example scene does not work when built.

Am I missing an important project setting of some kind?
  • Oculus Rift: Gray Avatar Hands instead of Transparent Blue? I am using Unity 2018.1.9f1 and version 1.27.0 (OVR Avatar and OVR Utilities). The avatar model and virtual controllers are working as intended, but the material for the hands for the avatar are this sort of grayish default color and not the cool, sci...
  • ARKit 2.0 image tracking I've been trying to get the updated image tracking working within the ARKit 2.0 but when I build out the Image anchor scene (Unity-Technologies-unity-arkit-plugin-24b52397d3eb>Assets>UnityARKitPlugin>Examples>ARKit1.5>UnityARImageAnchor>UnityARImageAnchor.unity) it appears to still be tracking like in ARKit 1.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Unity 2017.4.4
    iPhone X
    iOS 11.4.1
    macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    xCode 10.0 beta 5
  • VR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization I am using Oculus, if i run an empty project with Oculus enable I got this error "OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_Init_PathRegistryNotFound: "Installation path could not be located (110)" I am usin...
  • XRDevice.GetNativePtr() returns null on Oculus Go Hi,
    I'm trying to get access to the Oculus Mobile SDK but for some method calls you need the ovrMobile* pointer.
    Is there a specific reason why XRDevice.GetNativePtr() is returning a null pointer instead of a valid pointer of type ovrMobile* (Oculus Mobile SDK)?

How can I get access to this pointer (a dirty workaround would also be appreciated :D)?

Thank you very much.
  • XRLineRenderer Set Material Hi, I am having trouble setting materials for the unity github XRLineRenderer project. I am not sure if it is a bug or if I am making a mistake. I am trying to set via c# the material for the component XRLineRenderer.cs. Ive tried both of these with...
  • How to display a message when a Vertical or Horizontal plane in Arkit is detected ? Hi,I am looking to display a message when a vertical plane is detected.
  • Do you want to see?”Crystal” becomes a VR novel Hello,I am a Chinese novel author. I feel that my work’Crystal’ is very suitable to be adapted a VR novel! The plot of "Crystal" and the depiction of the lens, depicting the perspective of the character, etc., are all suitable for produci...