Forums

• Issue with Oculus integration (v 1.26.1 and 1.27.0) in Unity 2018.1.6/2018.2 Hi,
    Is there a known compatibility issue with the latest version of the Oculus plugin and Unity?
    When I create a new project in Unity 2018.1.6 or 2018.2 and download the Oculus integration package from the asset store (v 1.26.1 or 1.27.0), the editor won't open anymore after closing the project. However, if I paste the content of the Oculus integration package v 1.25.0 (copied from an older project), it works fine in both Unity 2018.1.6 or 2018.2.
    Is there anyone else experiencing this...

Issue with Oculus integration (v 1.26.1 and 1.27.0) in Unity 2018.1.6/2018.2
  • Detecting WHICH event trigger component was activated Summary: How to detect which event trigger component was triggered when the script is on attatched only one independent gameobject, but there are numerous possible triggers that can be activated. Fairly simple question here. I am using the GVR reticle...
  • Teleport and point and click Are there any resources that show me how to teleport using the touch controller and also click on objects and interact with them? I thought that using Daydream elements teleporter and restrict the raycast to layers would do the trick and then non tele...
  • a little question about Oculus Could anyone describe how to setup it in project or give a link ? Is it works without problems ? I've seen somewhere (probably on this forum) some guy was explaining that, but it was for older version and not applicable for a new one (OVR version).
  • Reading a file (xml) from StreamingAssets I'm trying to open an XML from StreamingAssets, but when running the app on hololens, the following error occurs:

Code (csharp):
    1. UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloDemoVS.Release_x86.razie\Data\StreamingAssets\airplanes2.dat' is denied.
    3.    at System.IO.Win32FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES...

Reading a file (xml) from StreamingAssets
  • Use 360 panorama image in cardboard Hy, only a short question: Is it possible to use 360 panorama images rendered from within Unity in Cardboard or other viewers? With Cardboard i mean the GoogleCradboard app. I rendered 360 panorama images with Code (csharp): _cam.RenderToCubemap&...
  • SteamVR & VIVE Tracker with Player prefab Hi, I work in Unity with SteamVR and I bought the VIVE trackers. I watched some tutorials but they do their setup with the basic CameraRig. I want to use the trackers with the Player prefab from the InteractionSystem of SteamVR. I was suprised to se...
  • Changing XRSettings is not allowed in play mode I have to turn off VR support in runtime for some reasons. I suppose XRSettings.enabled = false is working but it is not the case. When I check Player Setting in the Editor it shows "Changing XRSettings is not allowed in play mode". I am usi...
  • Dual graphics card setup? Non-SLI I feel like the idea of using SLI for VR has never really been recommended but I was curious if anyone has had experience using a Rift/Vive/etc.. one one card and monitors on another. I recently tried this with my Oculus rift and upon first gland it w...
  • Unity Desktop UI View for Mixed Reality Experience Hi all,

I'm working on a wmr VR experience where the VR user (ie. the headset wearer) has their experience monitored and controlled via a standard Unity UI by a second person (ie. the operator) on the tethered PC . So, for example, the operator starts the experience, selects a scenario, and restarts the experience for the headset wearer.
    Is this achievalble with wmr? When I build and run my appbundle the experience runs fine, but there is no Unity UI visible in the wmr portal.

(I would...

Unity Desktop UI View for Mixed Reality Experience
  • Looking for Virtual Reality CPR simulation for research purposes I am Dr. Naren Nallapeta, a research assistant at the University of Miami Geriatrics research committee. We are looking for people who can help us with a research project for which we will be needing a virtual reality animation for the Oculus rift. Th...
  • What are the benefits to using VRTK over SteamVR? I've been using VRTK, but I may need to abandon it. Not because of technical reasons, rather other reasons that have nothing to do with the VRTK itself.

I just started looking at SteamVR, it looks like it may have everything I want... Supports Oculus, Vive. Has some pre-defined scripts, a decent example scene to learn from and some useful prefabs to reuse.

I started with VRTK because I thought SteamVR only supported Vive and after taking a quick peek at SteamVR, it seems as though I could...

What are the benefits to using VRTK over SteamVR?
  • Are ready for the future of 3D design? Show your skills in VR-modelling! MARUI-PlugIn is challenging all Maya users to create a model in VR using the MARUI VR plug-in software. The winner will be invited to visit our headquarters in Osaka, Japan for one full week. The contest will be starting on August 17th until August 31s...
  • Multiple HMDs in the same room setup, acheiving identical configs? Yesterday I setup two Vives for the first time in the same playspace and began developing a networked test game.

Before I got too far ahead of myself i was wondering how similar two room setups would be on two different PCs where both were calibrated in the same room by the same person?

Would both have a good linear relationship when compared to each other? In other words, if two ppl share the same playspace then would all player's hands meet at the same point in all four corners...

Multiple HMDs in the same room setup, acheiving identical configs?
  • Performance implications of stereo SBS vs Over / Under in panoramic shader videos Are there any performance implications of videos with SBS aspect ratios vs Over / Under when using the panoramic shader? Stereo SBS videos have a 4:1 aspect ratio, which makes it seem possible that they're less performant than a 1:1 Over / Under video source, but I don't understand enough of what's going on under the hood to know for sure.