Forums

• Open Door using OculusGo\GearVR remote Anyone know how will approach opening a door naturally by grabbing the door with a laser pointer and use the motion on the controller to open\close the door.

I couldn't find anything online, happy to get references or assets \ tutrials that might help
    thanks
  • HMD rotation issues with SteamVR Hi I've got a wierd issue with the rotation of my HMD with a steamVR project.

I created the project on my home computer and everything is fine. When I brought the executable into work, when I run it, if I look in one direction (lets say 'North') the HMD works fine, if I rotate the HMD to the east, the view tilts wierdly, and now tilting my HMD 'rolls' the camera and rolling the HMD 'tilts' the camera - like the X&Y axis have been reversed.

I've loaded up unity on this same machine to see...

HMD rotation issues with SteamVR
  • How can I set the list of supported vr devices via code? The function to GET a list of available devices returns a string The function to SET a list of available devices takes a string ...and yet... whatever string I set ("Cardboard", "Daydream", "Oculus" ... they all appear...
  • NEW VR HEADSET: PVR IRIS – The Next Generation of VR Adult Entertainment – Now on Indiegogo Hey guys,

We're the team behind PVR IRIS - The next generation of VR adult entertainment.: pvr.fun/iris

We launched on Indiegogo last week and we have already hit 54% funded. I wanted to share our project with you, since this is a place for your VR heads to hang out, in the hope that some of you might find it interesting.

Our project started by breaking down the process of someone “loving themselves” and created a product that seamlessly fits into the ritual and enhances the...

NEW VR HEADSET: PVR IRIS - The Next Generation of VR Adult Entertainment - Now on Indiegogo
  • Upgrading to 7.2.20 I used the "Upgrade to Vuforia 7.2.20" link in the Unity Inspector. However, following this I cannot build in Xcode 9.4.1 Code (CSharp): dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/Vuforia.framework/Vuforia     Referenced from: /var/con...
  • Upgrading to 7.2.20 I used the "Upgrade to Vuforia 7.2.20" link in the Unity Inspector. However, following this I cannot build in Xcode 9.4.1 Code (CSharp): dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/Vuforia.framework/Vuforia     Referenced from: /var/con...
  • PhotoCapture not called while running in Hololens Hi,
    I am trying to make an app that would capture photos in Hololens. I have followed the tutorial and almost copied the tutorial code. When I run it on my computer in Unity it works and takes a photo with my webcam. But when I run it on Hololens it doesn't work.
    My problematic part of code is here:

void Start() {

startHeadPosition = Camera.main.transform.position;
    newHeadPosition = startHeadPosition;
    dIndikator.text = "";

CreateScene("Test");

Debug.Log("\n Taking...

PhotoCapture not called while running in Hololens
  • a quick question about API Good day! Where I can find information, where mentioned Graphic API for use in VR on desktop platforms (Windows, Mac OSX, Linux)? Thanks in advance!
  • HoloLens – AR Foundation / Tracked Pose Driver? As scaling content on the HoloLens and WMR headsets to table size causes both particles and physics to act... oddly, I was wondering if the AR Foundation has been gotten to work with these devices. I know that it was mentioned as a target goal at GDC. ...
  • How to use nonverbal sounds to trigger actions in unity (VR)? (like humming) Hi all,
    I'm trying to create a VR experience in with the person triggers a growth script with their voices or hum- nonverbal speech. could you please help me with scripting this way of triggering action?

ps: something close to what happens in this VR piece: ()
  • How I could do it in Unity? Hi All I found this AR job in the web and I love it !!! Since I am staring with ARKIT development, Is there any tutorial to learn to do it in Unity? Could anybody help me with that? Thanks for your time Alejandro
  • How to “bake” static geometry for 3DOF VR? It's struck me today that 3DOF VR (such as Cardboard, Daydream, or Oculus Go) gives us an amazing opportunity to eliminate almost all of the geometry on a level, just by pre-rendering it into a sort of depthmap-savvy skybox.

Here's how it would work:

1. In the editor, a script would hide everything not marked static (or identified in some other way), and then render the scene to a cubemap — something like...

How to "bake" static geometry for 3DOF VR?
  • arkit physical size for rectangular images When trying to setup an image to be tracked using arkit, the reference image has a physical size property, however we can only enter one value, what about rectangular images? where can we set the width and height separately?
  • arkit remote image tracking Hi,

I'm using arkit 2 with unity 2018 and arkit 2 beta branch from bitbucket. I successfully got the image tracking scene working when deployed on my iPhone X, however when using remote connection to speedup workflow, the image is not tracked. Any one experienced this issue before? Thank you.
  • Problem with listing on Daydream Store After a week of having my app on the Daydream store it has been removed from the New & Updated section even though all the older apps are there, it appears just mine has disappeared.

It is still available in the store for download when searched, I have not received any crash complaints or the like so I'm wondering why my app has been removed without notification.

Does anyone have a contact email to the Daydream store crew?