Forums

• What exactly does UnityEngine.VR.InputTracking.Recenter do? So, I'm trying to center the camera when the user presses a button in a sit-down Vive game, and nothing at all happens. I'm calling VR.InputTracking.Recenter. What exactly is it supposed to do? Do I need to setup something in advance, like tell it where I want the center to be? The docs aren't all that descriptive, except to say it doesn't work with room-scale experiences.
  • Spatial Anchor Coordinate System I just got saving and loading WorldAnchors to work. Now, I'm trying to save the positions of children of the anchor relative to the coordinate system of the anchor, so that when the app loads the children can be instantly in the correct position.

In Unity editor, the (0,0,0) position of the child is always the parent.

However, I have some debug text floating around in my app that constantly tells me the value of gameObject.transform.position (gameObject is the child of the anchor)
    I also...

Spatial Anchor Coordinate System
  • About Teleport feauture on Oculus Go. Hi All I am trying to do this For it, Could anybody help me to make that? Thanks for your time Alejandro
  • [Solved] How to save a texture to the local storage of Oulus GO? Hi, Does anyone know how to save textures to the local storage of Oculus GO? I am trying to save a RenderTexture to sdcard://Pictures of my Oculus GO but cannot make it work. Code (CSharp):    private void SaveRenderTextureToJpg(Rend...
  • How to save a texture to the local storage of Oulus GO? Hi, Does anyone know how to save textures to the local storage of Oculus GO? I am trying to save a RenderTexture to sdcard://Pictures of my Oculus GO but cannot make it work. Code (CSharp):    private void SaveRenderTextureToJpg(Rend...
  • [iOS] ARCore on iOS dont work (white screen camera) Hi,

I followed all the instructions described here (https://developers.google.com/ar/develop/unity/quickstart-ios) to use ARCore on iOS.
    After compiling the app works normally on my iPad, however the ARCore camera is always white and tracking don't works. Has anyone had this problem yet?

* I don't need/use cloud anchors

Technical details:

OSX Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    XCode Version: 9.4.1
    Cocoapods Version: 1.5.3
    Unity Version:...

ARCore on iOS dont work (white screen camera)
  • Spatial Anchor Coordinate System I just got saving and loading WorldAnchors to work. Now, I'm trying to save the positions of children of the anchor relative to the coordinate system of the anchor, so that when the app loads the children can be instantly in the correct position.

In Unity editor, the (0,0,0) position of the child is always the parent.

However, I have some debug text floating around in my app that constantly tells me the value of gameObject.transform.position (gameObject is the child of the anchor)
    I also...

Spatial Anchor Coordinate System
  • ARKit Plugin + Assembly Definition Files = broken Xcode project? We are trying to integrate the ARKit Plugin into a new project that uses Assembly Definition Files and are running into strange issues. I'm not sure if this is specific to the plugin or a general problem with plugins and .asmdef files. (This is using Unity 2018.2.f2 and the 2.0 beta build of the ARKit Plugin)

Our application code is defined in two assemblies - a Runtime assembly and an Editor...

ARKit Plugin + Assembly Definition Files = broken Xcode project?
  • UI buttons in Unity/Vuforia Hello,

I'm trying to integrate UI buttons when Image target is detected. What I cannot do is figure it how to make that button follows Target image when I do that.

I have AR Camera, and Target image, and I've set child Canvas to Target Image, and set button as child to Canvas. What I get is button showing up when Target image is shown, and button disappears when target image is removed, but Button is on the same spot as set in Unity, as well as same size and angle. Nothing happens when I...

UI buttons in Unity/Vuforia
  • Tree / Billboard solution yet? Hi, i was just wondering if there is any solution or workaround yet for using billboard trees in VR? (other than not using billboards) Thanks
  • Is there ANY bloom effect that works with Single Pass Stereo on mobile (Gear VR) on Unity 2017.3??? Hi, Been trying MANY different solutions for MANY days now...neither the cinematic image effects NOR the post processing stack 2 on github work with single pass stereo on android in Unity 2017.3...and neither does anything I found freely available on...
  • UI buttons in ARcore? (helloAR example) Hello I've been playing with the ARcore examples and am struggling to have a working button, the helloAR example where you can place an "andy" model i've got a button hooked up to swap between different models however whenever this button is hit it also places a model is there a way to tell ARcore to ignore a certain layer / tag I'm really struggling to see it, any advice would be greatly appreciated : )
  • VR combined with Leap motion in Photon unity multiplayer. Hi, I'm about to start working on a project which includes VR device(Oculus or any other) combined with Leapmotion in a Photon unity multiplayer platform. I know VR works well in photon but I'm not sure about Leapmotion multiplayer support. Did anyone has worked on this before?
  • Lightweight Render pipeline + SteamVR + Odyssey = Solid Black Screen Tried this with a blank project, on 2018.1 and 2018.2. Pulled the latest build off GitHub for the lightweight render pipeline and still have this problem. Tried on 2 separate computers.
    Anybody else has this problem or have found a solution.
    I made all my shaders in shadergraph.
    I'm in the process of converting the shadergraph shaders over in shaderforge to normal shaders using Unity 2018.2 because I have to make a release in 3 weeks with the new shaders.
  • Known issue after importing Vuforia samples on 2018.1 & 2018.2 Hello,

Recently, Vuforia released 7.2 SDK with updated samples to the Unity Asset Store. These samples are not compatible with the 7.1 SDK, which is already packaged with most (if not all) of the current versions of the 2018.1 and 2018.2 Unity Editor.

The most common Vuforia error message observed is the following: "The type or namespace name `FusionProviderType' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?"

This is a known issue that can be resolved by upgrading your...

Known issue after importing Vuforia samples on 2018.1 & 2018.2