Forums

• Project building but not deploying on VS 2018 for HoloLens with Unity Hey, I have done everything that needs to be done regarding the project and player settings for my HoloLens application within Unity. I build the application successfully and open the .sln file which opens visual studio 2018. Inside VS 2018 I have se...
  • Is it possible to do AR with motion capture instead of image processing? Hello!

We are using a motion capture system to track the position and rotation of a webcam and a small flat object. This data is then streamed to Unity where a Unity Camera follows the real webcam's pose and a 3D cube follows the pose of the other object. Finally, the webcam's output is rendered in the background using a webcamtexture.

Ideally, when the camera is pointing at the other object, the virtual cube should match perfectly the position of the real object seen in the background...

Is it possible to do AR with motion capture instead of image processing?
  • VuforiaBehaviour.Instance.enabled = true doesn’t automatically reinitialize trackers I'm trying to re-initialize vuforia using VuforiaBehaviour.Instance.enabled = true as has been suggested many times in this forum. However, on doing so it doesn't seem to automatically reinitialize everything else like trackers/smart terrain/etc.

Also, the callback registered using VuforiaARController.Instance.RegisterVuforiaStartedCallback doesn't fire on re-initialization either.

How am I supposed to properly reinitialise the vuforia and all its components?
  • Is there a way to connect to iPhone automatically with Unity remote? Hi there,

I just got Unity remote working and it's great!
    Just wondering though, is there a way to make it automatically connect to the iphone here? It just seems I have to repeat this step every time I press play and it would be nice to just set it once.

Thanks,
    Pete
  • Effects in AR I am currently working on a project in AR (Hololens) where we need to create a distortion effect that affects the real world around it. Currently the object's distortion is only visible when another game object is behind it. The project is proprietary so I can't share any more details about the application. Essentially i have a 3d object with a glass shader that distorts anything behind it. But when placed in the scene with no other game objects, its just invisible. Is there any way I can...

Effects in AR
  • 5.6.1f1 : Android app thinks it’s supposed to be GearVR when it’s not VR at all I am building an app for android. When launching the app on the device, it gives me the "insert your device into your Gear VR" screen

However, my "Virtual Reality supported" checkbox in the Player Settings is clearly disabled. I've tried every possible combination of deleting Library folder, restarting Unity, changing the app/package name, uninstalling the app, restarting the phone, restarting the app, etc, etc... and it STILL thinks it's supposed to be a Gear VR app. The app was previously...

5.6.1f1 : Android app thinks it's supposed to be GearVR when it's not VR at all
  • File.WriteAllBytes help Hey there, I'm pretty new to coding and I'm trying to figure out how to write text files to the HoloLens.

Got one method using the Microsoft storagefile class to work, but I'm trying to get my code running using the UnityEngine.Windows class and it doesn't seem to create a new file. I'll post both scripts below starting with the one that doesn't work.

If anyone could explain UnityEngine.Windows.File.WriteAllBytes a bit more that'd be awesome, the documentation doesn't have a fleshed out...

File.WriteAllBytes help
  • GvrReticlePointer not working when looking down I have a VR button in a game with Event Triggers for Pointer Enter, and Exit.
    The button works fine when it's positioned vertically in front of the player VR camera.

But if the button is tilted over 45 degrees (in x-axis) the triggers stops responding.

How can I place a VR button below the player for Exit or Paus a game (tilted 90 deg), using Cardboard/Daydream?

Is the area below the player reserved for Daydream api or something?
  • Clarification on Graphics Budgets for GearVR / Oculus Go I see 100,000k polys listed as the poly limit per frame for mobile VR. Like on this page here. Is this number referring to the base poly count before stereo rendering or the total poly count after stereo rendering (double the polys)? Thanks in advanc...
  • How do I record the iPad camera for use with ARKit? I want to have the ability to record only the camera feed from the iPad for my ARKit app. How do I achieve this?
    Can I record straight from the camera?
    Can I somehow record the application but use some culling mask to hide everything for the recorder only (I don't want to have to hide the virtual objects for the user while recording)?

I want to then be able to replay this video in the app, replacing (or just overlaying on top of) the normal webcam feed.
  • ARFoundation-based app not linking ARKit package correctly in Xcode? I've set up a test app from scratch to try out the new ARFoundation packages for cross-platform AR on ARKit and ARCore. My code is very similar to Unity's sample project (see https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...es/blob/master/Assets/Scripts/PlaceOnPlane.cs), and I've added the three relevant packages to my manifest.json:

Code (JavaScript):
    1. {
    2.   "dependencies": {
    3.     "com.unity.xr.arkit": "1.0.0-preview.11",
    4.     "com.unity.xr.arcore": "1.0.0-preview.16",...
    ARFoundation-based app not linking ARKit package correctly in Xcode?
  • iOS9 linker errors in xcode Hello.
    I'm trying to test my application on iOS9 device (iPad 2 and iPhone 5S)
    In Unity it builds fine, then in XCode I got these link errors:

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
    "_AVCaptureDeviceTypeBuiltInWideAngleCamera", referenced from:
    l4365 in libVuforia.a(libVuforia.a-arm64-master.o)
    l4369 in libVuforia.a(libVuforia.a-arm64-master.o)
    "___isOSVersionAtLeast", referenced from:
    l4304 in libVuforia.a(libVuforia.a-arm64-master.o)
    l4337 in...

iOS9 linker errors in xcode
  • Utopia 360 BlueTooth Controller Mapping buttons to unity Anyone have any good progress mapping Utopia 360 blue tooth controllers to Fire1 and Fire2?
    I've tried duplicating the array in the inputs for Fire1 and Fire2 and switching to Joystick Axis.
    So far no dice in getting it to work wondering if anyone can help me out.
  • Question about Windows Mixed Reality Hello, I have some questions about the Windows Mixed Reality because I'm working on adding virtual reality feature at my volleyball videogame, https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9P5GJQXZL1BQ .

I have an Acer Visor and I'm using Unity 2018.1 and Visual Studio 2017, these are the questions :

1) Is normal that with OpenVR the game view inside the visor is more bright than WindowsMR ? OpenVR works on SteamVR, how can I...

Question about Windows Mixed Reality
  • “Power Gesture” for avoiding griefers (and how to adapt this to the Go) I just ran across this very interesting article about how the developers of QuiVr added a nifty feature to empower players who were being harassed. In short, they added a cool "power gesture" (controllers together, pull both triggers, and th...