Forums

• NetXr – a free, input device agnostic, networked, vr interaction library Hi, I have been working on a research project for over a year, which required a networked library for interactions in VR. The research project is a collaborative environment to create music in virtual reality. A video of our first concert can be watch...
  • Vuforia Forum Broken… Hey Vuforia, the product quality is spreading to the official developer forum View attachment 281219 ​Or is it only me? Or is the unity-vuforia forum preferred? Oh man...
  • Tutorial to Integrate VR Ads: How to Monetize Mobile VR Games and Experiences with Immersv.
  • Controller Time.timeScale bug FIX Few days ago I posted a thread about this bug. It's about the controller not working properly when Time.timeScale is set to 0. The controller isn't visible if Time.timeScale i 0 from the start, it doesn't interact with UI and tooltips are invisible. I managed to fix this by making following changes:
    In GvrLaserVisual.cs replace
    Code (CSharp):
    1. return lerpSpeed > 0.0f ? lerpSpeed * Time.deltaTime : 1.0f;
    with
    Code (CSharp):
    1. return lerpSpeed > 0.0f ? lerpSpeed * Time.unscaledDeltaTime :...
    Controller Time.timeScale bug FIX
  • Can I use Mixed Reality Toolkit with Unity 5.6.0 I have been developing things with the Hololens using Unity 5.6.0. (I had big and unsolved problems trying to use Unity 2017.1- Could not find a solution so uninstalled it) Now I would like to try the Mixed Reality Toolkit. I have not read how to do i...
  • ARCore Instant Preview didn’t work after click RUN I connected Pixel 2 with my Mac, after I clicked RUN, nothing happened on Pixel 2. There should be ARCore Instant Preview show up on the phone...

For Pixel 2, debugging is on, and Unity side, InstatPreview and ARCore is enabled.

Here is the error message:

Trying to install Instant Preview apk but reference to InstantPreview.apk is broken. Couldn't find an asset with .meta file guid=cf7b10762fe921e40a18151a6c92a8a6
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)...​

ARCore Instant Preview didn't work after click RUN
  • Trees in VR Has anybody settled on a successful solution for quality trees in VR with Unity?

The SpeedTree/Unity solution is generally a train-wreck in the first place, but is even worse in VR.

Unity's native terrain trees work pretty well, but the billboards face the camera and look really strange when the user rotates his head.

What is everybody else using? Any good tips?

Thanks.
  • Google ARCore and carboard combine gives build failure issue i am using AR core in my unity app. Its working great but when i add google cardboard sdk with AR core sdk it gaves me build failure issue. Both working fine seprately but combined gaves build failure issue. Any solution ???
  • any plugin available for Web viewer or Browser for hololens Hi,

I am looking for a plugin to open a web browser inside my unity application in Hololens.
    But i couldn't find anything in the asset store, if anyone know plugin for web browser or html viewer kindly let me know.

Thanks
  • UGUI mask doesn’t work in vr when i use v r sup pout(include cardboard),U GUI mask doesn't after i build in my phone.if i don't select v r support,mask work well.my unity version is 5.6.4 and unity 2018.1
  • What’s your thought about EasyAR? I've been wondering why EasyAR doesn't get much mentions anywhere in this forum, while technically it blows Vuforia in terms of price.

EasyAR allows you to use image tracking and other features for free and without watermarks, contrast to Vuforia which limits you to certain amount of installs (cmiiw). Also EasyAR doesn't need you to use online service to generate tracking data from images, just set a path to local image target on your project and that's it.

I've tested their sample app and...

What's your thought about EasyAR?
  • How to use the new XRCameraSubsystem in 2018.1? delete me
  • Using Spatial Mapping to map points on an object to that of the Environment Hi, I am new to Unity and I am working with HoloToolKit package to spatially map objects to the real world. Basically, I am trying to map a few points on the object to corresponding points in the real world to place the object. For example, spatially m...
  • Need Oculus GO/android build help Sorry if this has been posted and answered before. If it has, just point me to it please. I have created a sim in Unity 2018 and cannot for the life of me get it to run at a decent resolution on the Oculus GO. I also don't have a great deal of experience building for Android systems but there really aren't that many options to try in the player settings. I would have thought that I should've stumbled upon an answer by now. I've tried bumping the resolution scaling up to max, I've tried...

Need Oculus GO/android build help
  • How to interact with GameObject (3D model) once being placed in real world? Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has suggestion how to interact with the 3D gameObject once it's being placed to the real world? I was able to figure (from previous posts) how to interact with UI within ARCore, but I don't seem to be able to make interactions with 3D object. When I tab on the object, a new object just generate overlapping the old one, instead of recognizing the collider. Thanks!

Thomas