Forums

• ARCore: Create Image Database at runtime build I can create an image database at runtime in the editor, but when building out to Android, I get an error stating that the functions I used no longer exist. The functions belong to ARCore. Is there a reason why the functions and members are erased on b...
  • Hololens + Azure eventhub real time data Looking for some assistance here. I have been chopping away for over a week now and seem to go in circles. I can get this to work in a none unity app no problem. setup: unity 2018.1 VS 2017 Hololens Azure account(setup to receive and transmit realt...
  • Is it possible to use the Hyperkin VR in Unity? I found a cheap vr headset and controller online called Hyperkin. Headset: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyperkin...66001f5-b6dc29c7-57e5e500fbf41f40&athena=true Controllers:... Is it possible to use the Hyperkin VR in Unity?
  • How to match geometry and photosphere Hi all, I need to build something like a matterport virtual tour. Is there any trick to the fading of the photospheres and the matching with the 3D scan model, or is it just real world cam position + scaling the bubbles to the right size, backculling s...
  • Cloud Anchors Across Sessions Possible? Using Cloud Anchors for iOS, so far, it seems that anchors are not resolved by the same phone if I host them in app session 1, then close app, restart app, and try to resolve the same room in session 2? Or did I oversee anything? thanks for the help!
  • How to do foreground/background cameras with VR? In High Frontier, in any outside space view, we use two cameras: a background camera that renders nearby planets/moons (as well as the Sun) at a greatly reduced scale, and a foreground camera (set to Don't Clear) that renders all the nearby objects at normal scale. This ensures that nearby objects (e.g. a spaceship) properly occlude background objects (planet, moon) even though, in fact, they might all be occupying the same mathematical space.

Now I'm thinking about doing something similar...

How to do foreground/background cameras with VR?
  • MTG scale is interpreted wildly in Unity. Hello, I am using Unity 2017.3.1f1 Vuforia 7.0.47 MTG 7.0.50 In my MTG Project I am using a model (imported obj) of a car, where scale dimensions are set to cm. The resulting MTG Display: View attachment 273923 View attachment 273922 How...
  • Too many duplicates of the same object when I tap on screen! Hi everyone, I am fairly new to vuforia! I am trying to make a virtual pet kind of game with it. My Main problem is when I run the app on my device (ios iphone6) I can make the object appear but when I tap another place of the floor it duplicates my ...
  • Native multiplatform AR APIs (preview) So.. making this thread because I haven't seen anyone talking about it yet on these forums, since working with AR API's that are platform specific, the idea of a unity native multiplatform API has my excited as I won't have to worry about separating out ARKit and ARCore references in apps built with Unity (messy stuff).. Haven't tried using the experimental ARinterface yet but it sounds like the Native multiplatform AR APIs will be using part of the arinterface - or something else entirely?...

Native multiplatform AR APIs (preview)
  • Very Dumb Question About Selecting in Unity Hello Everyone. I'm sorry in advance for how dumb this question is but here goes...

How do I select an object in game?

Told you it was dumb. I'm sorry if someone's already asked this I just can't seem to find an answer

So lets say I hit an object with a event trigger and mesh collider with a physics raycaster. How do I select it? I have been successful in making a unit move with a controller but that's just one unit. I want to be able to look at another unit for a second and it...

Very Dumb Question About Selecting in Unity
  • Q about XR controllers LWRP-VR default scale Hi, When I create a default project using LWRP-VR the XR Rig, Left and Right hand are set to a .1 scale. Is there a reason for this? It seems odd.
  • Interested in AR project? Hi Hopefully, this is correct place to publish the message. I did not find a place where I can a message about cooperation on an AR project. Is somebody interesting to join a new AR project? We would like to talk with experienced Unity 3D developers...
  • Is the Oculus Go worth it?… TLDR: YES! The 2018 Oculus Go V1
    This is my personal review of the 2018 Oculus Go VR headset and controller.

I usually limit my postings to purely objective engineering talk (Qs and As), but Oculus have stirred my heart here and I have to share:

Over the past few years I've collected many VR headsets: DK1, DK2, OVR2, GearVR1, GearVR2, Daydream, Cardboards, Chinese plastic cardboards.

When I ordered my Oculus Go I was expecting a GearVR with slightly weaker performance, I've...

Is the Oculus Go worth it?... TLDR: YES!
  • Is the 2018 Oculus Go worth it?… TLDR: YES! The 2018 Oculus Go V1
    This is my personal review of the 2018 Oculus Go VR headset and controller.

I usually limit my postings to purely objective engineering talk (Qs and As), but Oculus have stirred my heart here and I have to share:

Over the past few years I've collected many VR headsets: DK1, DK2, OVR2, GearVR1, GearVR2, Daydream, Cardboards, Plastic cardboards on ebay etc.

When I ordered my Oculus Go I was expecting a GearVR with slightly weaker performance, I've...

Is the 2018 Oculus Go worth it?... TLDR: YES!
  • ARCore SDK console error: `SpatialTracking’ does not exist in the namespace ÚnityEngine’ Just following the instructions from the google developers website to get ARCore running in Unity leads to this console error:
    Assets/GoogleARCore/SDK/InstantPreview/Scripts/InstantPreviewManager.cs(32,23): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `SpatialTracking' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEngine'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

And furthermore I have: Assets/GoogleARCore/Examples/CloudAnchor/Scripts/ARKitHelper.cs(50,71): error CS0246: The type or namespace name...

ARCore SDK console error: `SpatialTracking' does not exist in the namespace ÚnityEngine'