- Null exception when running in the Editor I've just updated a second project to use Vuforia, the first one I did is now working ok after a number of issues but upgrading to Vuforia 7.5.26 sorted 99% of them.
However in the second project which has the same codebase just different assets when I run it in the Editor I get the following error
First the emulator database fails
- Gear VR: Picking up/Moving objects Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to unity and working on a gear vr app and I'm trying to learn how to interact with items by picking them up using the touch pad controller. I feel like I'm close and was wondering if I can get some insight into the approach I'm taking.
Here's an image of my scene:
What I'd like to be able to do is pick up the sphere in the middle. Using the scripts from...
Gear VR: Picking up/Moving objects
- Place holograms at real world positions with Hololens Hi everyone,
I have saved the SpatialMapping mesh using the Hololens device portal and imported it as an asset to my project and scene.
What i would like to acheve is to place hologrames in my scene, based on spatial mapping, so that when i deploy they would overlapp with real world object.
i.e. i'm trying to augment the real world.
I tried to create world anchor in the Start method of a script attached to my hololgrams but it seems that the "room" (i.e. the scene) is centered and...
Place holograms at real world positions with Hololens
- ARFoundaiton aim at camera? I have a character being placed into the world with AR foundation and I am trying to make the camera look at the users phone. Which generally works, except that it is a bit off, and sometimes get way off. Basically I am just aiming various transforms a...
- Looking Into the Meta 2 AR Headset,Have Any of You Developed for It? It's half the cost of a HoloLens and twice the field of view. I've read several favorable reviews, but am curious about the experience of developing for it. Any advice or info would be appreciated.
- What was that Unity XR demo? A few months ago there was a short clip just before an VR event showing I think Adam walking towards the camera in VR, then stepping through a portal into what seemed to be the venue in reality, but AR (probably).
I've been looking near and far but can't find it anymore. It might have been posted quite subtly somewhere deep in the bowels of the Unity site or on Twitter.
Can you find it?
- Automatically start and stop a warning on the screen Good morning people! Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
I'm new to Unity and Vuforia, I've developed some basic augmented reality and virtual applications.
I am creating an augmented reality application with ImageTarget. When I start the application, I have created a "Aim for a bookmark" warning on the screen and I need this warning to automatically appear on the screen when I start the application and it disappears from the screen when the bookmark is detected.
Automatically start and stop a warning on the screen
- Lock object position after crawling the marker Good morning, first of all I'm sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
I'm new to Unity and Vuforia, I've created some basic augmented reality and virtual reality based on bookmarks or plans.
What I want is to define the position of an object through a marker. After detecting the marker image, the object is projected and its position is locked in the world, regardless of marker.
I've tried the extended marker, but when the crawler exits the camera view, the application tries to...
Lock object position after crawling the marker
- [HoloLens]WorldAnchor is exported failed on HoloLens Emulator. Hello, everyone.
The Shared Holograms(MR Academy 240) application was launched by HoloLens Emulator alone, but it fails at the part where WorldAnchor was exported to the byte array.
As an export result, we receive an UnknownError from the Unity API.
Why does the Unity API return UnknownError?
Is it because WorldAnchor's size is too small?
I used the following sources :
The API call I'm...
WorldAnchor is exported failed on HoloLens Emulator.
- Multi-platform Handheld AR in 2018 Hi, I just saw this post https://blogs.unity3d.com/2018/06/15/multi-platform-handheld-ar-in-2018-part-1/ and i followed the same i.e i cloned the arfoundation-samples but i am getting errors as well as when i saw in Package Manager i got this resu...
- Possible to adjust brightness of HMD and PC display independently? The game I'm working on right now frequently uses very dim lighting (or even no lighting, to create pitch-dark shadows), and it seems like in low-light scenes the view inside the headset is often much, much more visible than what outside observers or recording software can see on-screen. Objects in very, very dim lighting might be quite visible to someone in the headset, but to outside observers, it can look nearly pitch-black. Is there a way to adjust the brightness of the two...
Possible to adjust brightness of HMD and PC display independently?
- About Cybershoes for VR projects in Kickstarter Hi All I am very excited because I found one hardware solutions for little space and motion sickness in VR games and its name is Cybershoes and it is in the Kickstarter now more info here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cybershoes/cybershoes-step-...
- Steam Interaction System, teleport to new scene Hi, Do you use the Steam VR Interaction System? I would like to know how to teleport players in new scenes using the teleporters? I saw that you could switch between "move to location" and "switch to new scene". When I try to te...
- AR Remote Tool – Alpha Preview Hi All, AR Remoting is now available in preview. It allows you to run your AR Project in the editor and stream it to the phone, decreasing the time needed to iterate over changes and allowing for real-time updates while running the game. Since it is ...
- Augmented Reality Indoor Navigation solved & tutorial. REAL good info here, wanted to get the word out as its been a pretty high level problem. Lots of people dragging their feet on this.